After living in Los Angeles for 3 years, Becky and I are not big fans of the "Commute." I read on CNN the other day that the average driver wastes 38 hours a year sitting in traffic. In Los Angeles, it is 72 hours a year! It made me rethink my current commute here in Aspen. My commute is 25 minutes of walking. I start out strolling up the driveway . . .
. . . then I cross the Roaring Fork River on this nice footbridge . . .
. . . then I stroll through town for a few blocks . . .
. . . then I cross Main Street . . .
. . . and finally a block below Main Street I arrive at the Jerome Professional Building, and my commute is complete. My commute is the opposite of stress, nor is it a waste of time. In fact, it is one of the best parts of my day . . . easily one of the greatest commutes in the nation.
(Here is the CNN Story on "Commuting")
(http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/09/18/traffic.congestion.ap/index.html)
NOTE: It has been brought to my attention that this post has a slight "anti-california" slant to it. This was not my intent. It should only be "anti-commute."
8 comments:
Notice in this story that the District is #2 in terms of worst traffic, and I believe it.
Jerk. At least I don't risk being eaten by a grizzly on the 405...
This latest entry is by no means meant to be anti-CA, rather, it is simply anti-commute.
Matt,
I second Nick's comment. I was thinking the exact same thing...at least we don't risk running into a cub or two, or three, or four en route to work. Yikes...be careful.
Although, I have to add, the view is lovely. :)
Hey guys I found you on the Snow's page - hope you are doing well. From the looks of it - you are! I will think of you as I sit in traffic for an hour or so on my comkmute from Acton to Agoura!! :(
Very nice. Sounds like a commute from the good old days. You are very lucky to start your day in such a naturally refreshing way!
Send us pictures of the commute in winter - and then we'll see who is jealous!
Are you going to ski to work then? Or Snow Shoe it?
Liz
Post a Comment